Tuesday November 12 2019
We have already hit the high temperature for the day. A strong cold front will arrive this morning, and it begins with rain. Temps will fall quickly for most areas reaching the 20s or colder across the state tonight. Snow will develop behind the front then spread our way. The excitement of watching snow falling should be contained by lack of stickage. FITF- Most of us should see snow falling later this morning into the afternoon starting from the northern suburbs of Baltimore and then reaching lower Delmarva.
Wet Roads For Most
The ground is warm and temps should stay above freezing during the day! So, the roads will remain wet. Western Maryland could see 1 to 3 inches in Garrett County. The burst of snow may be stronger on Delmarva this afternoon. This could coat the grass there. The once concern will be wet roads as temps crash after sunset that could get a little icy tonight on The Lower Eastern Shore. See the simulation sliders below
- Morning Rain: Falling Temps Quickly!
- Snow Showers Develop In Metro Areas 9 AM to Noon.
- Metro Snow Likely On Wet Roads
- Snow Burst Develops In Southern MD and Delmarva Noon to 4 PM.
- Delmarva Snow May Coat Grass. Wet Roads After Sunset Could Get Icy
- Winter Weather Advisory in Garrett County (1-3 inches)
Local Weather Stats:
Tuesday November 12, 2019 in Baltimore
Average High: 58ºF
Record High: 78ºF in 1879
Average Low: 38ºF
Record Low: 18ºF in 1957
Sunrise: 6:46 AM
Sunset 4:54 PM
*Daylight = 2:00 shorter than yesterday
*Bay Water Temperature = 56ºF at Thomas Pt. Light House
Get Forecasts By Email
Just in case you don’t get all posts on your social media feed, stay up to date with the latest info…
Click here to sign up for email alerts…. Be the first to hear any new weather
Thank you to our Title Sponsor for Maryland Trek 6
Shining on with Smyth and their contribution, our team has raised over $95,000 for Just In Power Kids to provide free programs for kids in and post cancer treatment.
Radar Simulations (Compare HRRR to NAM 3 Km)
- A lull after the rain and snow developing in metro areas between 9 AM and noon
- Burst of moderate to heavy snow on Delmarva AFTER 12 PM Noon
HRRR Rain/Snow Timeline —> slider
NAM 3 Km Rain/Snow Timeline —> slider